Here are your NYC entry-level fashion internships and jobs for this week.
For those of you at the start of your careers in this dynamic industry, opportunity awaits at every corner. As you explore this week’s curated list of entry-level internships and job openings, I want to offer two pieces of advice: think outside the box and tell your story.
First, don’t limit yourself to just applying for posted internships or job roles. Reach out directly to designers, brands and agencies that inspire you – share your passion and propose an internship or mentorship. You never know where it may lead if you think creatively.
Secondly, showcase your unique voice and journey in your application materials. Telling your story – what drives you, where you’ve been, where you want to go – allows hiring managers to see you as more than just another resume. It’s your chance to stand out.
With an open mind and authentic personal story, you’ll be ready to seize the incredible career opportunities this industry has to offer.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
Visual Merchandising Specialist
The Visual Merchandising Specialist is responsible for ensuring company directed visual merchandising (VM) strategies and standards are brought to life. This role executes product presentation, styling, and in-store marketing elements to optimize guests’ (i.e., customers) experiences. The Visual Merchandising Specialist implements key product stories, product placement strategies and sell-through strategies by managing merchandise changes as well as product display and mannequin styling, in accordance with company standards and adapted to the individual store need.
- Compensation Range: $23.50-$26.58 per hour
- Temp Role: 6-Month Contract
- 1 year of retail or sales work experience
- Some experience with visual merchandising, fashion merchandising, graphic design, interior design, space planning or related field
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent required
The Logistics Assistant, New York is responsible for monitoring the sample collections of the brands represented by Karla Otto. This responsibility spans the duration of the samples’ residence at the Karla Otto New York office.
- Compensation Range: $40,000-$42,000 per year
- Associate or bachelor’s degree required
- Comfortable liaising and communicating with clients and other logistic departments worldwide in the timely distribution of information
- Experience with Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with Fashion GPS preferred
Summer 24 Program: Merchandise Planning Intern
The David Yurman Summer Internship Program is a paid, 10-week learning experience in which interns collaborate closely on company projects and initiatives. Interns also work in teams throughout the summer to develop their capstone project, which is presented to our senior leadership team at the end of the summer.
David Yurman is looking for a Planning Intern to help support the Demand and Channel Planning Team.
- Compensation: $21.00 per hour
- Dates: June 3rd, 2024- August 9th 2024
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate studies with a 3.0 overall GPA minimum
- Internship includes weekly learning & social events and Summer Fridays
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (Retail Math/ Formulas/ Pivot table skills) and PowerPoint
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
Simply purchase our package and watch as we collaborate to create a resume that truly represents your unique fashion journey. With a quick turnaround time of 5-7 business days, you’ll soon hold in your hands a resume that opens doors and elevates your career to new heights.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Your dream career begins with the Resume Revision Service.
VAN CLEEF & ARPELS
Located in our New York City Workshop and reporting to the Workshop Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the daily flows of receiving and shipping after-sales and production. You will work in a team to guide the flow of product through its various processes in the most efficient and accurate way that will support the network of boutiques and external accounts for Van Cleef and Arpels.
- Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000 per year
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- Minimum two years’ experience in a logistics coordinator role.
- Previous experience with luxury consumer products desired.
- Experience in SAP and Excel for data analysis and manipulation
- Fluency in French is a plus
The Production Coordinator will report to the Senior Production Manager supporting all key production activities. Will work with all vendors to ensure on time seasonal deliveries are met. This role will be responsible for ensuring all Time and Action milestones are properly met.
- Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 per year
- Must include years of 3 years of experience in apparel production.
- Has general understanding in development and production process.
- Preferred wash knowledge on cut & sew / denim.
- General understanding of costing and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Excel and all Microsoft Office programs.
Ecommerce & Marketing Associate
We have an exciting opportunity for a data-minded, analytical thinker to join our corporate team! Reporting to the Director of Ecommerce and Director of Marketing, as E-Commerce and Marketing Associate you will work to support both the ecommerce and marketing teams in the day-to-day functions of the respective arms of the business.
- Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience in ecommerce, retail, marketing or a related field
- Experience in fashion or luxury industry is a plus
- In depth experience using ecommerce platforms and content management tools (proven background in Shopify is a must)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
Assistant Merchant REMOTE POSITION
The Assistant Merchant will partner with a Director of Merchandising to drive the growth of a specific portfolio of categories. They will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of category management, ranging from assortment strategy to pricing and promotional program development.
- 4 year degree required
- 1-2 years prior experience in retail category management, merchandising, buying, planning & allocation, sales, marketing, shopper & consumer insights or a related field is required
- Exceptional computer skills, including experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau and Adobe Analytics software is a plus
WANT FASHION NEWS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.