Here is a breakdown of just posted NYC fashion jobs of the week:
As the fashion capital of the world, New York City offers endless opportunities to jumpstart your career. But standing out in this competitive industry takes strategy and diligence.
Before diving into the latest NYC job openings this week, keep these success tips in mind:
Build Your Brand
A polished online presence and portfolio will make you memorable when networking and applying. Showcase your unique skills and vision.
Know Your Worth
Research roles to understand your market value. Aim high when job seeking and negotiate your best compensation.
For extra support, my ITFI Career Coaching service helps create a tactical plan to reach your career goals.
With a strong personal brand and confidence to advocate for yourself, the possibilities are boundless! Consistent practice in these areas will serve you extremely well as you navigate the fast-paced fashion industry landscape.
Now let’s explore some incredible NYC fashion roles that were just made available this week.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
Merchandise Allocator, Factory Outlets
The Merchandise Allocator, Factory Outlets is responsible for distribution and in-season management of given Product Area for U.S. and CA stores. This includes initial allocation and replenishment flow of inventory for the appropriate balance of sales & inventory levels through end-of-life cycle.
- Base Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-3 years retail experience
- Previous Allocation experience a must
- Proficient in all MS Office applications. Advanced Excel skills and reporting is a must
- Experience in SAP desirable
Assistant Merchandise Planner
Assistant Planner supporting Sephora and Ulta business across makeup, fragrance and skincare categories including account planning, order management, sales analysis and reporting.
- Base Salary Range: $83,000 – $112,000
- 2+ years experience in sales analysis, reporting and finance preferably in the retail and/or luxury industry
- Experience developing account plans and strategies and with planning and execution of retail events and programs to drive sell-through and sell-in
- Advanced proficiency in Excel; Cognos experience preferred
- THIS ROLE IS FULLY REMOTE
The Office Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Americas and support the President, the Americas and the office. This position will be responsible for maintaining the office, managing the reception area, providing backup support to the President of the Americas and provide administrative support, as necessary, to other local steering committee members.
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000 per year
- 1 year of experience in fashion or similar role
- Ideal candidate has work experience in medium sized multinational company or luxury business.
- Exceptional customer service skills along with transparent and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
With all the different rules and formatting requirements, updating your resume on your own can be pretty nerve-wracking and overwhelming! I’m here to make that process as smooth as possible for you so it’s one less thing you have to worry about.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Learn more about our Resume Review Service, including our proven process, here.
Production Operations Assistant
Support the department Lead with specific tasks related Luxury Men’s and Women’s Operations. This position is responsible for overall PO issuance, maintenance, and weekly delivery reporting.
- Compensation Range: $24.04 – $42.79 per hour
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong verbal, written (email) communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in all computer systems: Intermediate to advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience in SAP, FlexPLM, GFE+, Ariba, Airtable a PLUS
Assistant Fashion Designer
As an Assistant Fashion Designer, you will be responsible for assisting in the conceptualization and development of new clothing lines, generating sketches and illustrations, conducting research on fashion trends, and liaising with clients and manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- THIS ROLE IS FULLY REMOTE
Assistant Merchandise Planner
The Assistant Merchandise Planner will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Close to Body Merchandise Planning team to help develop seasonal product plans, perform in-season and post-season hindsight reporting across Regional channels by collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners.
- Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
- Bachelor’s degree; a business background, preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a retail or wholesale environment
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ACS, SAP, 7th On-Line, Lighthouse, Visulon preferred
Client Engagement Coordinator
The coordinator will develop relationships with the regional CE team, store teams, UK corporate headquarters, training, retail operations, customer insights, marketing, merchandising and allocations to help the CE team achieve sales, KPIs and service targets.
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000 per year
- Experience working at a luxury brand, minimum 2 years of experience
- Experience in an administrative role preferred
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency: basic formulas and formatting, v-lookups, pivot tables
- Experience in Microsoft PowerPoint and Tableau preferred
WANT FASHION JOBS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.