Here are your entry-level NYC fashion jobs and internships for this week.
In the fashion industry, staying one step ahead is key to unlocking the door to your dream career. As we curate this week’s NYC fashion jobs and internship opportunities, I wanted to remind you of two essential elements for success in this dynamic industry: proactivity and preparation.
It begins with demonstrating your eagerness and initiative – a small yet impactful step that can open doors you never thought possible. Secondly, your resume is your winning ticket; keeping it updated is not merely a task but an investment in your fashion journey.
And for those of you looking for that extra edge, don’t forget about our ITFI Resume Review service. It’s designed to give your resume that extra sparkle. With these valuable resources in your toolkit, you’ll be well-prepared to navigate the exciting world of fashion with confidence.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
RAG & BONE
Product Development Associate, Denim
The Product Development Associate will support in managing all aspects of the product lifecycle process from inception through bulk to ensure on-time delivery and quality garments. Associate will facilitate and execute the design development with a strategic approach in meeting company margin and delivery goals. Involves collaboration with cross-functional team members including design, technical design and merchandising as well as overseas contractors.
- 3-5 years of Product Development experience
- Experience in working with denim development and production
- Proficient in Excel and Google Docs. Ability to create, update, and format data for tracking and reporting by using pivot tables and formulas
- Computer proficiency a must
Design Operations Associate, Licensing
The Design Associate position will assist and support all aspects of design direction for global licensed products and accessories from initial concept to finished product. You will be a liaison between RTW concepts and licensee partners in helping to ensure concept continuity and seamless execution of licensed products.
- Salary Range: $62,000-$90,000 per year
- Proficiency in Outlook, MS Office applications including Excel and Power point
- Ability to navigate a complex, matrixed organization in addition to licensee partners with varied and goals and strategies
- Strong client-service orientation and capacity for cross functional activities
Assistant Merchandiser, Women’s Lingerie
The Assistant Merchandiser for Calvin Klein Underwear is a key partner to the Merchandising Team and responsible for assisting in the global product strategy and brand growth. He or she is responsible for helping the team with the development of the global assortment, merchandise strategies and facilitating department deliverables that support in meeting these objectives.
- Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000 per year
- Create and maintain all global assortment tools, including the Line Matrices
- Assist in preparation for key milestone deliverables; create and compile line plan, and hindsight’s for each season
- Support merchandise manager to provide sales global teams with product knowledge and serve as an informational resource
- Understanding of the global consumer; research and support with competitor landscape analysis as required and call out product opportunities
Associate Buyer, Womens Leather Goods & Shoes
The Women’s Leather Goods & Shoe Buyer will be responsible for creating strategic product assortments for all stores in North America, guaranteeing local needs while aligning with the global brand strategy and achieving top line sales and profitability targets.
- Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000 per year
- Strong understanding of the luxury market with an elevated eye for product
- Excellent analytical ability, strong understanding of retail math & forecasting, highly proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects, manage deadlines, and deliver highly accurate results in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, great sense of urgency, and highly organized
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
Simply purchase our package and watch as we collaborate to create a resume that truly represents your unique fashion journey. With a quick turnaround time of 5-7 business days, you’ll soon hold in your hands a resume that opens doors and elevates your career to new heights.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Your dream career begins with the Resume Revision Service.
Merchandising Assistant (Temp)
We are looking for a Merchandising Assistant to join the Merchandise Planning Team to support the day to day functions and needs of the team.
- Compensation: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 year data entry experience
- High level of experience and proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office products- Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent analytical and mathematical proficiency with strong business and financial analysis skills
Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator
The Office Coordinator position is a hybrid role responsible for overall front office activities. Additionally, this role provides Executive Assistant support to 3 Vice Presidents. The Office Coordinator is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including space planning, arranging internal office moves.
- Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000 per year
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing office activities, including facilities, space planning and managing supplies
- Previous retail/wholesale industry experience helpful; passionate about the beauty industry
- Computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and generally tech-savvy/comfortable with software applications and database programs
Designer, International Handbags
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Salary Range: $95,000 – $100,000 per year
- College degree in the arts preferred
- 3-5 years experience in fashion related industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD preferred
- Knowledge of target market
WANT FASHION JOBS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.