Your NYC fashion internships and entry level jobs of the week are here!
In the dynamic world of fashion, where trends come and go like a whirlwind, there’s a constant opening for talents like yours to make your mark. Think of NYC fashion internships and entry-level positions as the launchpad for countless careers in this fast-paced industry. Whether you’re an aspiring designer who loves sketching bold ideas, a marketing enthusiast eager to craft compelling stories, or a trend-spotter with a knack for predicting what’s hot, fashion companies are actively seeking individuals just like you. This is your moment to weave your unique story into the rich fabric of fashion.
And don’t forget that about our ITFI Career Services which include detailed resume reviews and personalized one-on-one coaching sessions. My goal? To arm you with the skills and confidence you need to thrive in the fashion world – and to be proud of your experience as you go from interview to interview. So, whether you’re ready to dive into your first internship or take that significant step into an entry-level role, the fashion universe awaits and I’m here to help you embrace every opportunity it presents.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
Fashion Design Intern
The highly organized candidate will collaborate with the head designer to create mood boards, cads, new tech packs for sampling of new line, follow up with factories about sampling process, prepare final tech pack for production and follow through to the completion of an approved final product.
- Compensation: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Must be working towards a degree in fashion design
- Experience in children’s wear is a plus
- Proficient with CAD fashion software, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Excel on a Mac platform
This role will assist in customer service and administrative functions to help grow the North American business. The Wholesale Assistant will provide overall support to the Wholesale team.
- Compensation Range: $21.00 to $24.00 per hour
- Undergraduate degree in a fashion and business related field or equivalent
- 1-2 years working experience in a luxury wholesale environment
- Working knowledge of sample trafficking systems and reporting. Experience working with Prima and Mosaic a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel (formulas, v lookups, pivots)
Coordinator, Visual Operations
The Visual Operations Coordinator will partner with the creative/merchandising teams to support the in store/window elements process, and support the store design process with capturing all pertinent fixture information.
- Compensation: $25 per hour
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of experience working in a creative environment for a major retailer
- A thorough understanding of all Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel
- Formulate action plans quickly and implement solutions effectively through critical decision-making
ALICE + OLIVIA
Assistant Fabric Manager
Support the Fabric R&D team by aiding in material sourcing, follow-up and development while in continual communication with suppliers for x-mill dates to ensure a timely delivery of goods and keeping share charts updated with tracking info for cross-functional teams.
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 per year
- Entry/1+ years of experience in the fashion industry
- Working knowledge of material construction and textile science
- Familiarity in PLM and data systems a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Technical Design Intern
This role will support the Apparel Design Team for our Ready To Wear Apparel. Brandon Blackwood NYC is committed to ensuring that its internships provide a valuable learning experience for all its interns.
- Available 2-4 days a week (in-person)
- Must be able to receive school credit
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented Fashion Design or Technical Student
- Garment measurement skills
Associate E-Commerce Merchant
As an Associate Merchant, you will work closely with the planning team to manage the open-to-buy, analyze seasonal merchandise assortments, and develop merchandising strategies to drive sales and maximize profitability.
- Base Salary Range: $60,000 – $100,000 (DOE)
- 3+ yrs. Experience in E-Commerce/Buying
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer Literacy – Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
WANT FASHION NEWS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.