Your NYC entry-level fashion internships and job opportunities of the week:
Whether you’re looking for internships or job opportunities in the fashion industry, the application process can feel daunting. But having a strong resume is one of the best ways to stand out from the competition.
When crafting your resume, be sure to highlight relevant coursework, skills and experience. Quantify your achievements when possible – instead of just listing tasks, demonstrate the impact you made. And don’t forget to tailor your resume to each application.
I know the job search can feel discouraging at times, but the right opportunity is out there waiting for you! So keep honing your resume and check out this week’s list of internship and job opportunities in the fashion industry. I update this list weekly, pulling opportunities across design, merchandising, marketing, and more.
Remember – the job search is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep persevering and you’ll reach the finish line.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
Associate, Visual Merchandising
The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain the brand image in the Boutique at Saks 5th Avenue NY, elevating the client experience and facilitating the selling process. They will report directly to the Boutique Director with a dotted line to the Regional Visual Merchandising (VM) Manager.
- Compensation Range: $18-$27 per hour
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Basic knowledge of retail operations, display and merchandising
- Experience in basic computer software and digital photography
- Minimum associate degree, preferably in a Fashion related major
- Ability to work on a ladder; be willing and able to lift 30-40lbs
- Able to move heavy items, may include overhead lifting, pulling, and pushing items up to 25lbs
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work late nights, weekends and some holidays as needed
Supply Chain Coordinator
TOTEME is looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join the team in New York. As Supply Chain Coordinator you will be working with inbound and outbound delivery flows and will provide a first-class customer service experience to TOTEME’s global customers. You will report to the Supply Chain Manager and work closely with the Wholesale and Production teams based in Stockholm.
- Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000 per year
- A degree in Logistics, Economics or Business (preferred)
- Familiarity with sales order lifecycle management, supply chain, warehouse operations, stock control, order allocation and fulfillment, and carrier management
- Experience with inbound and outbound delivery flows and improvement of routines and processes
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Experienced user of ERP, order- and stock management systems
- Must be based in NYC and be available to start immediately
Summer 2024 Media Internship Program
The Media Intern will have the opportunity to assist the media team in creating dynamic advertising plans throughout North America and learn about the media landscape through the lens of a leading luxury brand. Reporting to the Media Director, the Media Intern will additionally have the opportunity to work through a project to assist in media planning for Bvlgari North America.
- Compensation: $18.00 per hour
- Duration: 10 weeks – June 3rd to August 9th, 2024
- Currently enrolled at a University/College and must be entering their Junior or Senior year
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be in the NYC/Metro area for the duration of the internship program
- Some prior internship or work experience
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
Simply purchase our package and watch as we collaborate to create a resume that truly represents your unique fashion journey. With a quick turnaround time of 5-7 business days, you’ll soon hold in your hands a resume that opens doors and elevates your career to new heights.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Your dream career begins with the Resume Revision Service.
The Studio Coordinator will support the Photographer for digital e-commerce content creation in all product categories across multiple formats including still-life, on-figure, and seasonal wholesale market needs.
- Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
- 1-3 years of experience as a Photo Assistant or Digital Technician for both on-figure and still-life in the luxury space required
- Intermediate Proficiency in CaptureOne required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Phase One camera system experience preferred
- CreativeForce or similar digital asset management tool experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
W MAGAZINE (BDG)
Fashion Assistant Fellow
W Magazine is seeking a Fashion Assistant Fellow to work from our NYC office five days per week, helping with tasks such as office organization and preparation for upcoming photoshoots. This position will work closely with the Lead Fashion Assistant and Lead Accessories Assistant to help with sample trafficking.
- Compensation: $17.00 per hour
- Duration: 3 months, with an opportunity to extend to 6 months
- Open availability Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week for an initial period of 3 months
- Strong interest in the Fashion and Editorial industries
- Eagerness to learn
- Highly motivated to complete tasks
As the Commerce Associate, you will support the buying office with ordering, receiving, scheduling, and executing products, concepts and ideas. You will play an important role on the sune Commerce Team by implementing the strategic vision of the Category Managers.
- Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000 per year
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Merchandising or another related field
- 1-3 years Buying/ Merchandising or comparable business experience required
- Experience in Salesforce and Airtable preferred
Assistant Technical Designer, Mens
Established in 2011, Kith is a leading lifestyle brand and progressive retail concept that’s celebrated globally for its ability to tell stories, evoke nostalgia and connect product to the passion it’s woven with. Now in its eleventh year of business, Kith has in-house apparel lines for men, women and children, an ice cream parlor in every flagship, a full-service restaurant and a retail footprint in three continents.
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 per year
- 1-3 years of experience working in the apparel industry
- Degree in Apparel or Fashion Design
- Strong understanding of product construction (e.g. finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge of tech packs and specs
- Must be skilled in Adobe Illustrator and Excel
WANT FASHION NEWS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.