Looking for a fashion job? Kate Spade NY is hiring for multiple roles!
Kate Spade New York is a renowned fashion company known for its distinctive and vibrant designs that combine classic sophistication with playful, whimsical elements. Founded by Kate and Andy Spade in 1993, the brand has become synonymous with stylish handbags, accessories, clothing, and home decor. With its iconic spade logo and a commitment to creating a lifestyle of fashionable optimism, Kate Spade has earned a dedicated following around the world.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the exciting career opportunities currently available at Kate Spade, providing a glimpse into the company’s culture, values and the types of roles you can pursue within this esteemed fashion brand. Kate Spade may have the perfect job opening for you in the fashion industry.
BASE PAY RANGE $58,500 – $70,000
The Associate will be responsible for assisting in the production cycle for Ready-To-Wear. Communicating daily with internal cross functional partners and external service providers to ensure major milestones are achieved within the timelines published. Responsible for the management of bill of materials, support in delivery processes and tracking of styles at each stage of production. The Associate will be the key point person for daily vendor communication and address issues pertinent to accurate execution of product.
- Cross-functional partner for Design, Merchandising, Materials and Technical Teams.
- Executes product development activities based on strategies and priorities set by Sr. Manager of PD.
- Monitor calendars to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Follow through on collaboration milestones and approvals
- Coordinate with Tech the sending of development packages, materials and trims to sample rooms and Service Providers.
- Coordinate workload, communication, and direction directly to factories both overseas and domestic.
- Work out of the box, multitask, and juggle ad hoc projects and processes for quick accurate turnaround.
- Manage in house fabric and trim library and TOP/ PPS Closet
- Attend weekly fittings and cross functional team meetings
- Support creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials.
- Review Weekly WIP submissions for production and delivery status
- Supports the investigation and development of new SP’s.
- Prepares Pricing translations for international business partners/ Compile Product Knowledge
- Assist with ECvision updates/ HTS Approval
- Review invoices from Service Providers for payment
- 2+ year’s experience in product development and production preferred
- Experience working with both overseas and domestic factories strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Strong, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, tech pack and/or BOM building experience, PLM, Microsoft Access, Outlook, Excel
- Basic garment construction knowledge preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills for building working relationships within teams
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet specific timelines
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
BASE PAY RANGE $60,000 – $67,000
The Ecommerce Assistant will be responsible for product lifecycle on the website including site catalog management, merchandising, quality assurance, promotion setup and collaborating with the customer service team to resolve issues. This position is highly collaborative with the Merchandising, Production, Planning and Buying groups. The Ecommerce Assistant will be a team player with exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to filter and prioritize feedback.
- Manage product lifecycle for main site, which includes: manage/maintain site catalogs and loading product copy.
- Execute site refreshes on time and without errors to ensure product launches meet deadlines.
- Using Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Plumslice, manage site merchandising and product updates, daily site maintenance and promotion setup.
- Ability to create compelling, trend-driven and brand appropriate product categories based on product attribution, merchandising feedback, current trends and analysis of product and category metrics.
- Collaborate with Buying team to fully understand product assortment, deliveries, merchandising strategy and pre-order/back-order requirements.
- Work with SEO team to execute SEO strategy, including action plans for achieving and measuring SEO success.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Customer Service teams to proactively facilitate and resolve issues/escalations.
- Become knowledgeable with vendors and assist with special projects.
- QA desktop & mobile sites daily for issues and identify areas of opportunity.
- Routinely conduct competitive research and analysis, recommend changes, updates, and improvements to support the company’s business objectives.
- Internship – 1 year experience in Ecommerce or Digital teams
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience.
- Previous experience within the women’s fashion industry.
- Expert level of Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Strong capacity for multi-tasking, working independently and time management.
- The ability to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy doing multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills that can be applied inter/intra departmentally to obtain critical information from other teams or individuals.
- The ability to cultivate strong relationships and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- An extremely keen eye for detail
BASE PAY RANGE $58,500 – $62,000
The Global Social Impact Associate will provide coordination and support in all aspects of the brand’s global social impact portfolio, across all global corporate giving, philanthropic programs, employee engagement and communications, as well as measurement and evaluation. This person will be a key point of contact for engaging the global kate spade community, strategic partners, and others to further our mission of believing that a women’s mental health is foundational to her achieving sustainable long-term empowerment and that it should be prioritized in the global empowerment agenda.
Social Impact Events and Global Store and Corporate Employee Engagement
- Coordinate and manage Social Impact global Store & Field team engagement opportunities, processes and communication
- Coordinate planning and execution of all Social Impact related internal corporate events and key community moments, inclusive of speaking engagements, internal videos, annual summit and quarterly all company meetings.
- Coordinate corporate volunteer events
- Executive producer of internal podcast series
- Support operations and planning of the annual on purpose fundraiser
- Coordinate and manage compilation of quarterly social impact dashboard
- Coordinate collection, management and scheduling of all impact data from all social impact programs & partners, including: on purpose, kate spade new york foundation, kate spade new York global corporate brand partnerships, brand volunteerism, product donations.
Internal Social Impact Communications Coordinator
- Support and coordinate materials related to all social impact internal communications, including social impact report, all company social impact emails, deck compilation, zoom backgrounds and postings.
- Coordinate Social Impact Communications calendar & monthly meetings
- Support and coordinate materials for internal team meetings
- Coordinate and support updating of corporate & store team associate education documents as related to social impact
- Maintain internal Loop page
- Manage external facing team inbox
- Coordinate and support all corporate product donations, including partnering with internal cross functional partners, external non-profit partners, creation and execution on MOUs, and tracking donation receipt forms.
- Manage and execute kate spade new york employee merchandise donation processes.
Social Impact Council Secretary
- Coordinate scheduling for bi-annual council calls
- In partnership with PR & Creative, manage dressing/styling requests for Social Impact Council Members
- POC for payment & donation requests
- Support in developing call decks
- Manage tracking and fulfillment of contract deliverables
- Coordinate and book travel for council
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years minimum in Corporate Social Impact and Philanthropy
- Retail Industry experience and desire to work in Corporate Retail Indsutry strongly preferred
- Microsoft Outlook and all Microsoft Applications (proficiency in excel a must)
- Basic understanding of Ariba system a plus
- Adobe skills a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Self starter with an entraprenurial and flexible mindset, ability to work in an agile capacity, & to work across timezones with global partners
- Empathy and understanding for a diverse network of community needs
- Strong Administration and Coordination Skills
- Transparent and Clear Communication Skills
- Team based and systems thinking approach
This role is a hybrid position, which requires candidate to travel to NYC corporate offices weekly, Tuesday-Thursday
FRUSTRATED WITH THE RESUME PROCESS?
Navigating the challenging waters of job and internship searches can be incredibly frustrating. That’s why we’ve designed our Resume Review Service exclusively for fashion resumes. We work closely with you to provide a comprehensive resume overhaul, ensuring your satisfaction with the end product.