Here are your NYC entry-level fashion jobs and internships for this week.
Navigating the intricate world of fashion can be both thrilling and challenging, especially when you’re setting your sights on those coveted entry-level fashion jobs and internships. Whether you’re a recent graduate or a seasoned professional, breaking into the fashion industry requires careful planning and a proactive approach. As we present this week’s handpicked selection of fashion jobs and internship opportunities, let’s explore some essential tips for applying to jobs and internships in this dynamic field.
- Research the companies: Before hitting that “Apply” button, delve into the companies you’re interested in
- Update your resume and portfolio: Your resume and portfolio are your tickets to an interview. Make sure they are current, well organized and tailored to the fashion jobs or internships you’re applying to
- Network with purpose: Leverage your network, both on and offline. Attend industry events, connect with professionals on platforms like LinkedIn and consider informational interviews
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
Temporary Merchandise Assistant (P/T)
Club Monaco is an international men’s and women’s lifestyle brand with a distinctly urban casual point of view, best defined as a play of opposites: mixing vintage with new, hard with soft and eclecticism with minimalism. Each season, Club Monaco offers customers must have fashion and key pieces that together are the foundation of a modern wardrobe.
- Compensation: $25-$27 per hour
- Undergraduate Degree
- Focus in Business/Marketing/Merchandising a plus
- NYC based – 5 days in office required
- Experience with Excel: knowledge of v-lookups, pivot tables a HUGE plus
Allocator, Womens Lifestyle
The Allocation Analyst is responsible for effectively managing inventory levels to support Coach’s overall North American Retail sales and inventory plans. The Allocation team is highly collaborative and partners closely with a variety of cross functional teams. This is a great opportunity for an individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills, who is strategic, motivated and systems-savvy.
- Salary Range: $58,600 – $70,000 annually
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required)
- Experience with allocation and reporting systems and databases (i.e. AllocateSmart, MicroStrategy, SAP)
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel required
This role will own visual merchandising under the direction of the SVP of Creative & Content. Main job responsibilities include; concept/execute visuals for the NY store windows & gallery space, seasonal VM guidelines, maintain the NY store, update rails & mannequin looks, work on seasonal window concepts with our partners & iterate concepts for other locations. Support pop-ups & events.
- Salary Range: $60,000-$73,000 per year
- 2-3 Years VM Experience
- Must be in New York City, this role requires in office/store days
- Must be able to work on your feet, climb a ladder and capable of lifting
- Knowledge of store operational and visual merchandising standards
- Availability to work: days, nights and weekends when needed
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
Simply purchase our package and watch as we collaborate to create a resume that truly represents your unique fashion journey. With a quick turnaround time of 5-7 business days, you’ll soon hold in your hands a resume that opens doors and elevates your career to new heights.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Your dream career begins with the Resume Revision Service.
Production & Technical Design Internship
Ulla Johnson Inc is looking for a Production and Technical Design Intern to join the team!
- Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- Timeline: November 27th or November 28th – February 28th 2024 (offices closed from December 24 – January 1st and will reopen on January 3rd)
- Available 2-5 days a week from 10:00am-6:00pm
- Looking for a Fashion Design, Management, Production, or Technical Design undergraduate Junior/Senior or graduate
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Adobe, Microsoft Office, and Excel
- Garment measurement skills. Not required for applying, but a plus
Disclaimer: Candles and incense are burned in office. There are dogs in office.
The Wholesale Coordinator role supports the Global Sales & Merchandising team at STAUD by upholding showroom organization and completing administrative tasks. The candidate should be highly organized, self-motivated, with a positive attitude and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Compensation Range: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Previous experience with Joor and/or Nuorder is a plus
- Previous experience with Full Circle is a plus
- Previous wholesale or retail experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) O365 is a plus
- Ability to work on-site, full-time
The Sample Coordinator is responsible for tracking sample merchandise as it comes in and out of the Esprit Creative HQ. They collaborate with photo, marketing, and PR teams leads to ensure that the brand’s merchandise is properly allocated and accounted for in the support of key brand creative and marketing initiatives.
- Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 per year
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Previous experience in retail, service, or other fast-paced environments is a plus
- Strong follow-up and follow-through to make sure all tasks are taken to full completion.
- Able to prioritize effectively, multi-task, problem-solve and work independently.
- Proficient in email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office properties
Ralph Lauren is seeking an adaptable self-starter to fill the role of sample coordinator in the Ralph Lauren Agency. The Agency sample coordinator will be responsible for sourcing and organizing merchandising samples for all Ralph Lauren brands for global photoshoots. This position will report directly to the Head of Advertising Styling.
- Compensation Range: $23.56 – $34.14 per hour
- Ability to build and foster effective working relationships with a wide range of personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Able to lift and move up to 60 lbs.
- Keep meticulous records of all samples going to and coming from photoshoots via messenger or FedEx
WANT FASHION NEWS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.