Here are your NYC based entry-level fashion industry jobs and internships for this week.
In the fast-paced fashion industry, opportunities can open and close in the blink of an eye. To stay ahead in the race for coveted jobs, it’s crucial to tap into your creative instincts while simultaneously adopting an entrepreneurial mindset. As we share our latest roundup of entry-level fashion industry openings and internships, I want to emphasize the power of thinking outside the box and forging your own path.
Rather than simply submitting an application and hoping for the best, consider reaching out directly to fashion professionals on LinkedIn to make personalized connections. Look for events, workshops and fashion industry mentorship programs where you can showcase your skills and build your network organically. Don’t be afraid to tap your existing contacts for informational interviews and shadowing opportunities. With some creative strategizing and hustle, you can open doors that once seemed impossible.
And when opportunity does knock, have your tools prepared. Keep your resume and portfolio updated, practice interviewing and be ready to impress at a moment’s notice. With the right preparation and proactive approach, fashion industry jobs and opportunities could be right around the corner.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
This position is responsible for developing a product line representative of the brand.
- Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000 per year
- College degree in the arts preferred
- 3-5 years experience in fashion related industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD preferred
- Knowledge of target market
- Ability to perform complex verbal and written communications face-to-face and in group settings
Regional Visual Coordinator
The Visual Coordinator is responsible for driving the visual standards across selected accounts across the one region primarily, and all regions as required. This role is office based and will support and coach selected franchisees remotely in delivering the Gap Inc. visual proposition to deliver against functional VM metrics.
- Salary Range: $68,200 – $86,900
- Visual merchandising experience at top store level in a similar retail environment. Wholesale VM experience preferred
- Has ability to train and coach others in a one to one or in a group forum on VM skills and processes
- Can demonstrate coaching, influencing and relationship building skills, with internal and external teams
Design Studio Assistant
The Design Studio Assistant will perform administrative tasks in support of the Design and Studio departments.
- Compensation Range: $26.68 – $33.35 per hour
- 2+ years relevant experience preferred
- Great interpersonal skills and social competency
- Effective and skillful communication skills
- Ambition, a strong work ethic, and an earnest willingness to learn
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
Simply purchase our package and watch as we collaborate to create a resume that truly represents your unique fashion journey. With a quick turnaround time of 5-7 business days, you’ll soon hold in your hands a resume that opens doors and elevates your career to new heights.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Your dream career begins with the Resume Revision Service.
Merchandise Assistant, Ready-to-Wear
The Merchandise Assistant is responsible for support of the buying division by handling the Po data entry function and maintenance of product information in the merchandise systems. This position provides first-hand insight into the buying office and offers potential career progression into the Merchant Development Program.
- Salary Range: $45,000 – $48,000 per year
- Previous experience in retail, service, or other fast paced environment
- Must be analytical, articulate and organized
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Spring 2024 Buying Intern
This opportunity will provide you with insight into the NY luxury fashion industry as well as an understanding of our corporate culture and business practices.
- Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- Must be able to receive academic credit to be eligible
- Merchandising experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Comfortable with numbers and recaps
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Associate Buyer, Outlet
The Associate Buyer will execute buying strategies for the Outlet Men’s Leather Goods category. This is a great opportunity for an individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills, who is strategic and operational.
- Salary Range: $69,000 – $80,000 per year
- BA or BS degree preferred and at least 2-4 years of Buying and/or Planning experience required
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and a Planning system
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and proactive with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
Assistant Designer, Mens Sweaters & Knits
Club Monaco is an international men’s and women’s lifestyle brand with a distinctly urban casual point of view, best defined as a play of opposites: mixing vintage with new, hard with soft and eclecticism with minimalism.
- Compensation Range: $25.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 1-3 years working as an assistant designer or similar roles with an emphasis on sweater and knit garments
- A Bachelor or Associate Degree in fashion design required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, & MS Office
- Aptitude for designing and sketching. Ability to communicate designs clearly.
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction and experience fitting sweaters and knits for all categories.
- Experience developing custom embroidery layouts that emphasize attention to detail.
This is a full-time role and works in the office five days a week.
WANT FASHION NEWS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for our ITFI Weekly Insider Newsletter that features weekly fashion jobs and internship opportunities, current industry news and career tips and resources that will help you take action right now.