Here are your Chicago-based entry level fashion jobs and internships for this week.
In the fast-paced and ever-evolving world of fashion, it’s crucial to always stay ahead of the curve if you want to pursue your dream career. As we curate this week’s list of entry-level job and internship opportunities, let’s discuss two vital elements that can make a significant difference in your fashion journey: proactivity and preparation.
Firstly, taking the initiative to reach out directly to HR can set you apart from the competition. It’s a small but impactful step that demonstrates your eagerness and can lead to unexpected opportunities. Secondly, your resume is not just a document; it’s your ticket to success in the fashion industry. Keeping it up-to-date is not a task, but an investment in your future.
If you’re seeking an extra advantage, remember to consider our ITFI Resume Review service. This service is tailored to enhance and refine your resume, giving it that competitive edge. With these valuable tools at your disposal, you’ll be fully equipped to confidently navigate the dynamic and exhilarating fashion industry.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE WEEK
Digital Merchandising Assistant (Hybrid or Remote)
The Digital Merchandising Assistant is responsible for implementing strategy to optimally merchandise Landsend.com. Accountable to drive sales results through ideal site merchandising – including (but not limited to) on-site search, consumer friendly taxonomy and a rapid path to a Lands’ End product page.
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team on multiple concurrent projects.
- Solid communication skills and ability to build partnerships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, in particular). Knowledge of Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and internal Lands’ End merchandising and inventory systems a plus.
Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist
As a Junior Footwear Authentication Specialist, you must have the ability to verify authenticity of sneakers across the major sneaker brands. You will not only figure out the authenticity of sneakers, but spot manufacturer defects, assess wear and inspect SKU and size, ensuring that each buyer has the retail experience they’ve come to expect.
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously and you’re able to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
Retail Department Coordinator
Responsible for executing receiving and merchandising standards while ensuring Associates are processing efficiently and effectively and working as a team.
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to train others
- One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
Store Support & Operations
Provide an exemplary customer experience by maintaining efficient and effective support in all store Operations functions as needed, including but not limited to: Shipping/Receiving, Stock Room, Cash Office and operational Administrative duties.
- Minimum of 2 years of Retail Operations Experience in a support, customer service, or sales capacity
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to learn new systems easily
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
The Fashion Assistant will work closely with lead designers on a daily basis. This position is an opportunity to gain insights from top designers on the day to day business affairs and inner workings of a fashion house. We are looking for Fashion Assistant candidates who can grow with the company and be a valuable addition to the brand.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Suite
- Strong attention to detail and self-starter
- CAD and Photoshop skills
- AIMS360 is a plus
- College degree is preferred and/ or relevant experience in the fashion industry
RANDA APPAREL & ACCESSORIES (RAA)
2024 Summer Merchandising Internship Program
In this 10 Week specialized program, you will be working in our Merchandising division. You will assist the Design & Merchandising teams and will be exposed to the fundamentals of retail and wholesale businesses.
- Compensation: $20 per hour
- Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Marketing/Business Majors a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Experience with Powerpoint, Word and Excel preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Need Help Revising Your Resume?
In the competitive world of fashion, your resume is not just a document – it’s your story, your journey and your ticket to success. The Resume Revision Service was designed to transform your existing fashion resume into a powerful, career-boosting asset.
Leave the frustration of resume updating your behind. I’m here to meticulously review your resume, enhancing it to showcase your skills, experiences, and aspirations in the fashion industry.
Simply purchase our package and watch as we collaborate to create a resume that truly represents your unique fashion journey. With a swift turnaround time of 5-7 business days, you’ll soon hold in your hands a resume that opens doors and elevates your career to new heights.
Ready to stand out in the world of fashion? Your dream career begins with the Resume Revision Service.